Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Very First creation of blackforest cake!

Have been waiting for the chance to try out a decorated cake and this happens to be just the right time - it is my dad's birthday. It was very impromptu that I had shared with him I would like to bake him a cake for his birthday as I weren't sure if I should cos I have not tried out before and today will be the first time, yet it is to present to him for his birthday. Thus, I was going through the process, steps during the week to ensure I have everything right. I bought Valrhona cocoa powder to ensure I get the best out of my chocolate cake. The only thing that I did not invest is kirsch liquor, thus in the end I used the kirsch essence instead.
The whole process of baking this cake is long, as I have to bake the cake first, cool it totally and finally whip the cream, set the cake and decorate the cake. However, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am quite happy with the turnout. Everyone in the family agreed that it was a good try and the cake turn out well. I am already thinking of the next cake that I want to bake - Strawberry shortcake - request from my hubby.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: