Thursday, November 8, 2007

Handmade Decorated cookies

After the first try on decorated cookies, I decided to try out using fondant to decorate the cookies instead of royal icing. As I would like to try to handmake everything, I decided to try making fondant myself also. Making fondant is actually easy and very neat, I was glad that I attempted to try it.
Since butterfly cookie is still the theme, to make my girls happy, again I gave pink a try. Kneading fondant is fun, it is like play-doh, and in fact, my young girl did regard it as play-doh as she looked at me and said, "Mummy, are you playing play-doh?" This time round, I managed to achieve the pink that I want, and sticking it on the cookie does have its effect, much better than my first try on royal icing, when the pink was too light.
However, just with fondant, the cookie does not look very nice. Royal icing is still needed to 'perk up' my cookie a bit. With pink, the next colour that I chose was baby blue. So with baby blue royal icing, I gave the cookies a border and also poka dots.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: